Open Heavens Daily Devotional For 2nd February, 2017
THEME: SECRETS OF FRUITFULNESS
“If we live in The Spirit, let us also walk in The Spirit.” Galatians 5:25
Read: Galatians 5:22-26
5:22. But The Fruit of The Spirit is Love, Joy, Peace, Long-suffering, Gentleness, Goodness, Faith,
5:23. Meekness, Temperance: against such there is no law.
5:24. And they that are Christ’s have crucified the flesh with the affections and lusts.
5:25. If we live in The Spirit, let us also walk in The Spirit.
5:26. Let us not be desirous of vain glory, provoking one another, envying one another.
A. One of the utmost desires of every human being is to be fruitful.
1. We derive our drive for fruitfulness from the command that God gave to our spirit after creation.
2. In Genesis 1:28: “And God Blessed them, and God said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth.”
3. To be fruitful means to have outstanding results in one’s assignment or chosen career.
4. Fruitfulness is having excellent results where others are failing.
5. It is to be highly favoured where others are struggling.
6. And making progress where others are either retrogressing or remaining stagnant.
7. Fruitfulness means being a vessel of honour while some are vessels unto dishonour.
8. My prayer is that The Lord will reveal to you His Secrets of good fruitfulness in Jesus’ Name. Amen!
B. The first secret of good fruitfulness is absolute dependence on The One Who infused our spirit with the drive to be fruitful: God.
1. God plays a prominent role in the fruitfulness of His Children.
2. This is why you need to settle it in your mind that there is nothing you can achieve without The Help of The Almighty God.
3. Those who understand this secret never attempt to run ahead of God.
4. Jesus in John 15:5 said, “I Am The Vine, ye are The Branches; He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing.”
5. No amount of human labour would suffice if God is not involved.
6. This is why you need to run your endeavours in partnership with Jesus.
7. If you partner with Jesus, you can never suffer loss because He is committed to giving you what money cannot buy.
8. Money cannot buy you a good name; neither can money buy you peace of mind or guaranteed protection.
C. Another secret of good fruitfulness is avoiding strife and division.
1. These manifest carnality and they will hinder you from bearing good fruit in life.
2. Any family where envy and provocation of one another persist cannot be fruitful.
3. Any organisation where people are committed to breaking ranks cannot be fruitful.
4. Any Church where people are always pulling down one another through their actions and words cannot be fruitful.
5. This is why The Bible admonishes us to always walk in the Spirit so that we will not fulfil the lust of the flesh.
6. Let us always create an atmosphere of Peace, Love, Joy and Goodness, without undermining the importance of discipline.
7. You will be amazed at how good our fruits would be under the leading of God.
Father, destroy every agent of strife and division in our families in The Name of Jesus. Amen!
BIBLE IN ONE YEAR:
AUTHOR: PASTOR E. A. ADEBOYE
HYMN: THERE SHALL BE SHOWER OF BLESSING
1. There shall be showers of blessing:
This is the promise of love;
There shall be seasons refreshing,
Sent from the Savior above.
Showers of blessing,
Showers of blessing we need:
Mercy drops ‘round us are falling,
But for the showers we plead.
2. There shall be showers of blessing–
Precious reviving again;
Over the hills and the valleys,
Sound of abundance of rain.
3. There shall be showers of blessing:
Send them upon us, O Lord;
Grant to us now a refreshing;
Come, and now honor Thy Word.
4. There shall be showers of blessing:
Oh, that today they might fall,
Now as to God we’re confessing,
Now as on Jesus we call!
EMMANUEL=GOD WITH US!